Sunday, August 28, 2011

Here Wii Go

(Originally posted Oct. 22, 2010)

This blog discusses:

Games

Education

This past week, I finally beat New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I've had that game knocking around for almost a year, but I had to keep picking it up and putting it down due to work and school. It makes me nostalgic for the days when I could devour a good console game in a few weeks.

Sometime last winter, when I was still teaching middle school art classes, one of my sixth graders stopped me in the cafeteria and told me that she had just beaten New Super Mario Bros. Wii. (My students had figured out long ago that I did some gaming.) I told her that I hadn't played any games since Christmas break and I was still hung up in World 2. She seemed disappointed that I didn't have more to say about her triumph.

Well, I finally got to the ending, and, yes, the final battle with Bowser is pretty tricky. Now I regret not telling that kid that it was an impressive victory and that I was proud of her.

Everyone, whoever you are, if you beat New Super Mario Bros. Wii, then I am proud of you.

-Marj

P.S. Tune in next week for my complete Halloween post-show review of "Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera."


No comments:

Post a Comment