Sunday, August 28, 2011

Comic Stuff That's on My Mind

(Originally posted Jan. 14, 2011)

This Blog discusses:

Comics

I've made some resolutions this year. I'm going to drink more water and clean Noko's cage more often. These resolutions probably won't effect you much, unless you are Noko. My third resolution, which will effect you as a reader, is to pay more attention to the anatomy of my characters from now on. I don't think I've been doing a terrible job of drawing bodies (only a few mistakes or glaring inaccuracies have gotten past me) but even when they gang is well drawn, I feel like they are not standing and moving exactly as they should. Anyway, watch for subtle improvements.

I've been reading some new comics lately. Our hero, Doug TenNaple, has launched a off-beat super hero comic called Ratfist, which is worth checking out. I'd like to describe it, but nothing I could write would do it justice better than the author's introduction.

Chris Baldwin's Spacetrawler has recently turned one year old. Chris's goal is to complete a whole book of the story each year. So if you start reading from the beginning now, the entire first act is all ready for you. Fun fact: Spacetrawler and Urban Underbrush both posted their first comic on New Year's Day, 2010.

There are a few more comic links I'd like to share with you, but I'll save some for the weeks ahead.

Happy reading.

-Marj

No comments:

Post a Comment